If you love fruit crumbles then you must try this one. It is easy to prepare and tastes amazing ! If you require more protein you can add your powdered protein to the crumble mixture when you are combining it. You can also use Omega Spread in place of Rice Bran oil. Bananas & Apples combined with a little cinnamon make a great alternative fruit crumble as well. Now you can eat them warm (yummmmmmmm!) or let them cool, it's up to you but I am sure you will love them as much as we do. Even a dollop of plain yoghurt or custard on top makes it just delightful !
Niki’s Fruit Crumble Recipe
Makes 4-8 Prep 10 mins Cooking Time 25 mins
1 cup barley & oats porridge
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup rice bran oil
3 small ripe bananas, chopped into bite sized pieces
2 ripe brown pears, peeled, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
3 x 75g (2.6oz) packets of frozen mixed berries, frozen
a squeeze of orange juice
4 x 1 cup (8oz) capacity ramekins or 8 x 1/2 cup (4oz) capacity ramekins
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Process the Barley & Oats till you get a finer consistency, then add pecans and process till they are finely chopped. Now add honey and rice bran oil. Mix well.
- Place the fruit into a bowl, add the juice and gently combine.
- Spoon fruit into ramekins and press down gently to even out surface, now spoon on crumble mixture and spread evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, allow to cool slightly and enjoy.
© Niki Mitropoulos 2011
THUMBS UP COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE !
Follow us on TWITTER
Follow us on FACEBOOK
Distributed by OneLoad.com