I know it's a challenge at breakfast time, especially when you are on the run so these are great to prepare in advance and just store them in containers in your fridge, ready to eat. Mine don't usually last very long as the kids adore them, so I usually make 2 batches at a time.
Niki’s Fruit & Bran Muffins Recipe
Makes 12 Prep 20 mins Cooking Time 20 mins
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 banana, mashed
1 apple, unpeeled and grated
3/4 cup oat bran
3/4 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup raisins
A 12 cup muffin tin, lightly greased
- Preheat oven to 190°c (375°F)
- In the first bowl combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In the second bowl combine eggs, milk, honey, oil, carrot, banana, and apple.
- Stir the wheat bran and oat bran into the wet ingredient bowl and sit this aside for 10 minutes.
- Now GENTLY fold flour mixture, walnuts and raisins into the wet ingredients. Fill the muffin tin and bake the muffins for about 20 minutes.
Muffins should be firm to touch. Let muffins cool slightly and then turn out onto a cooling rack. You can eat them warm (yummmmmmmm!) or let them cool, it's up to you but I am sure you will love them as much as we do.
Enjoy, leave a comment, give us a thumbs up, share this video with your friends and Subscribe to our channel and website ConikiTV it's FREE
Distributed by OneLoad.com